Epidural adhesiolysis (Racz procedure) or Percutaneous neuroplasty is a minimally-invasive technique proven effective for treating lower back pain and “reflected” pains in the lower extremities in various diseases of the lumbar spine.
Pain in the lumbar spine caused by protrusions and hernias of the intervertebral discs, spinal canal stenosis, post discectomy pains, cicatricial postoperative process (epidural fibrosis), spondylarthrosis, non-specific pains. Epidural adhesiolysis is one of the most effective methods for treating lower back pain andreflected pain in the lower extremities.
The purpose of Epidural adhesiolysis is to relieve inflammation, minimize the mechanical effect on the nerve structures by lysis (dissolution) of the traumatic factor (hernia, protrusion, scar), and also strengthen the nerve structures of the epidural space.
We perform from 5 to 10 epidural adhesiolysis weekly.
We have the largest experience in Ukraine.
This minimally invasive safe procedure has established itself as an effective method of treating lower back pain against various diseases. Contraindication to its use is only significant uncontrolled diseases of the internal organs. We perform this procedure without age restrictions, our oldest patient at the time of the procedure was 94 years old. For 7 years we have performed more than 1200 procedures. Most patients experienced long term pain relief.
- After removing the catheter, you can take a shower
- Bath and Sauna should be abandoned for 24 hours
- Do not operate the vehicle for 4 hours after removal of the catheter
- You can return to your normal diet routine immediately after discharge
- Do not return to vigorous activity for 1-2 weeks
- During the day, you should wear a lumbar bandage (remove at night) for 7 days.
- In the future, it should be worn during physical activity.
- If at the time of the procedure you stopped taking medications for major diseases, then you should resume it.
- Next day after discharge, you may experience an exacerbation of the pain syndrome. In order to reduce the
pain, you will be advised to drink non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs within 1-2 weeks.
- Assessment of the effectiveness of the procedure held in 2 months after discharge.
You should feel the positive dynamics in the form of pain reduction.
If after the procedure the pain persists, consult a doctor. He may consider an additional treatment.