We have the largest experience in the performance of epidural steroid injections in Ukraine.
Weekly we provide more than 20 different types of blockades
Spinal injections or blockades are the most effective nonsurgical method for treating spine pain syndrome caused by protrusions or hernias of the intervertebral discs, spinal stenosis and other diseases. These injections are often an alternative to spinal surgery. We will review your medical history and previous imaging studies to plan the type of spinal injection and best approach.
In addition to eliminating the pain syndrome and treating the disease, spinal injections also help restore mobility in the neck, lower back, upper or lower limb, depending on where stiffness or limitation of movement has developed.
We offer several types of spinal injections, depending on whether you have inflammation, pain, or movement restrictions. Some injections may even help your doctor to determine the exact source of your pain, which helps in making a faster and more accurate diagnosis.
- Epidural steroid injections – often used as an analgesic and anti-inflammatory medication to reduce nerve inflammation and as a result eliminate the pain.
- Selective blockage of nerve roots – helps to identify specific nerve roots of the spinal cord, which are a source of pain, and, involves the administration of medications that reduce inflammation, thereby stopping and relieving the pain.
- Selective blockade in facet joints – allows doctors to diagnose and treat cervical, thoracic and lumbar spondyloarthrosis (damage to the joints of the spine) and the accompanying pain.
- Injection into the sacroiliac joints – used to diagnose and treat the pain caused by inflammation of the sacroiliac joint.
- Radio-frequency ablation (destruction, neuromodulation, rhizotomy) – uses radio-frequency waves to obtain thermal destruction of the nerve in order to eliminate the pain syndrome.
Spinal injections are outpatient procedures, but patients must follow the precautions after the procedure is completed.